life recently has been slightly busy!

Thursday 30 May 2013

Tumblr_li0buhzeyi1qfateqo1_500_large

The fact that is it nearly June and I haven't blogged since early april makes me sad. Basically, life got serious around april time. I started my final teaching placement at the end of february, but by april, it had kicked in fully and I was basically the class teacher. So as you can imagine, there was no time for blogging in between all my planning, assessments and worksheet making.

To make matters even harder, I had my dreaded QTS  maths and english skills tests to pass too! The government added lots of pressure by increasing the pass mark and introducing the whole 'three strikes and your out' policy. Frustratingly, I failed my maths test a couple weeks ago by one mark! One mark! But thankfully (and too much surprise) I have passed both now. So I can graduate after all this hard work for three years.

I've also been applying for lots of teaching jobs for september but unfortunately been unsuccessful in quite a few of them. This really knocked my confidence and left me feeling drained. However, that has all changed!

Last friday, I had a successful interview and was offered the position of infants teacher in my placement school! I am over the moon! Literally, everything has fallen into place and I couldn't be more excited to get my own class!

Over summer, I will certainly be getting my blog on again! I've missed it.

13 comments:

  1. I'm so happy things have worked out for you Kelly :)
    I've missed your blog and can't wait to see you back :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you laura :)
      I have missed it too! x

      Delete
  2. I've missed your blog posts, but I'm happy for you! I really want to be a teacher, and in a couple of years I hope I'm where you are now! :)xo

    http://901lovely.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) ahh how exciting! I hope so too! it is such a good feeling! x

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your job and passing your test. I'm lower school leader at a primary school and I can completly understand why you've had no time to blog! I have so many ideas for my blog but I never hate the time to implement them. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! that is what I hope to be in the future :) x

      Delete
  4. ahhh congrats hun thats amazing news!

    Charlie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know exactly what you mean and at the moment I think all students are feeling the same about blogging! Congratulations on your job!!! :) xo

    Hannah xo | Glitter and Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's just so hard to do both sometimes! I need to have a day to just go blog picture crazy!

      Delete
  6. Welcome back hun! Great news about the job. I start mine a week on monday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on getting the job it's a great feeling getting the job you want. I love your blog and waiting for your posts is worth it.

    Love Lorilee

    http://lorileeslondon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your lovely comments, check back as i try to reply x

and peaches All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger