I need to re-take my hair care vows

Sunday 7 April 2013


My hair most likely hates me. When I got it cut around four months ago we had a really good relationship  He would get deep treatments several times a week, barely any heat and lots of heat protection if I was to use heat. Well things have taken a turn for the worst. Therefore, I need to re-take my hair care vows!

I promise to use a build up removal shampoo once a week
The amount of products I test out on my hair throughout one week is crazy. So I really need to start giving my hair a good weekly cleanse! Boots build up removal shampoo is perfect for that and helps me to not have to wash my hair as often! Also it's apparently just as good as the £20 bumble and bumble sunday shampoo!

I vow to use a deep conditioner every time I wash my hair
I have used a deep conditioner as my normal conditioner for years! My hair just needs something thicker and more moisturising because with it being curly, it's quite dry. But I honestly cannot remember the last time I used one! My hair is getting revenge and looking awful. Well done hair you won!

I promise to use a hair oil everyday
I promise that this hair oil will actually do good, and not contain any silicones! 

Every though I am lazy, I will use a heat protectant every time I use heated tools
This is another thing I used to do every time I used heat without fail. But again, laziness has taken over and I haven't touched a bottle of the stuff since. Just me or does that sound like I am talking about alcohol?

And finally, I promise I will get a hair cut next week (after my friends 21st)
As I mentioned earlier, I haven't had a good hair snip since January. To be honest, I have gone longer! I am one of those people that knows that hair cuts are good and that your hair grows faster after one. But I still hang onto every last strand! But I promise I will get one next week!

I am not alone with all this am I?

15 comments:

  1. On Friday I got my hair cut for the first time in four months - this post has inspired me to go and give it a good deep conditioning! x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i completely agree with this post, i need to start giving my hair some extra attention! you can actually get away with not having regular hair cuts if you take care of your hair because you wont have as many split ends, that's what makes your hair look short :)

    hope you're able to stick too your new routine!

    Jessica x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So agree with this post! I go a few days without caring for my hair and it feels like crap! You've inspired me to dig out all my masks and have a good treatment for it.

    Rachel//twentysomethingbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate getting my hair cut as it's so expensive! I always work out what else I could buy with that money/how many weeks of food money it is! I love my hair after one though xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great regime!
    Good luck :)

    How are you finding the organix serum? I had an AWFUL experience with their flat iron spray, it gave me 'bubble hair damage' :(
    Mixed Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on the hair cut, Ive not had mine cut since September and have made an appointment for Wednesday, I now just need to make sure I go haha.
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to do this. I have never heard of the Boots Build Up Removal Shampoo, I think i'll definitely have to pick one of those up.
    For deep conditioning, I've been using Tresemme's Reconstructing Deep Conditioner. It's amazing and leaves my hair feeling lovely and soft, i'd definitely recommend it :)

    Laura x
    http://pale-girl-reviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're definitely not alone! I literally only get my hair cut every 6 months, maybe more. Though when I had it short it was a nightmare to keep in shape/ condition so I got it cut a lot more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't had my hair cut since November. I've been trying to grow my hair for years (badly, as I keep getting bored and cutting it into a bob) but for the last year I've been really good. I was trying not to dye it and kept it dark brown for about 6 months. Then in January I lost my job and decided that meant it was time to go blonde. I did it at home and it took a while to get the colour I wanted and inevitably it's dry and I have so many split ends. I know I need a haircut but I also can't bear to lose any of the length.... I too have taken a vow to look after it and I think once I get a haircut in the net few weeks things will be okay :) I've been using Aussie 3 minute miracle everytime I wash my hair and I haven't straightened my hair since January. Good luck on your hair quest :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with that, I also need to start taking proper care of my hair which I've been very lazy with.

    http://lacy-rose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found that baking soda works just as well as a buildup removal shampoo, for only $1 or so x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I grew up with a hairdresser and still don't use heat protection every time so you aren't alone!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I should start doing this too. My hair is just ridiculous right now. Oily on top by day two but rougher than sand from the ears down. That Brazilian Keratin therapy is really intriguing to me...I wonder if it actually works.

    Beauty Challenged

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've heard so many good things about the tresemme! Think it may be time to try it!!

    M

    xx

    http://cosmeticsshoppingandintoxication.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/bourjois-rouge-edition-lipsticks.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love this post, recently I've been trying to take better care of my hair and really getting into using better products and trying new things. I'd love to write a blog post like this, if I do I will definitely give you credit and link your blog on my post :) Also I love your blog, the photos are always really nice and your posts are interesting!

    http://teenagewaasteland.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your lovely comments, check back as i try to reply x

and peaches All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger