Revlon lip butters, worth the hype?

Tuesday 17 April 2012

Peach parfait
Sweet tart

Strawberry shortcake

After seeing the Revlon lip butters pop up absolutely everywhere, I knew I wanted them, but my student loan was a long way a way, so I had to wait quite a while before I could get my paws on them. When I finally had money I picked up three shades, peach parfait, sweet tart and strawberry shortcake, but that was after much debate if these were even worth the 'hype' and if I was willing to pay £7.99 each. In the end I did, and it's safe to say that these are definitely worth the hype!

I just love the quilted packaging and the formula of the lip butters is really creamy and moisturising and guides onto the lips really easily. At first I was a little worried that the pigmentation and colour wouldn't be that great onto the lips, but as you can see they all show up really well with just one coat. Peach parfait is the lightest shade I purchased and is such a great everyday colour, which isn't too sheer or too full. However, it does contain shimmer so this might not be perfect for everyone, but I don't mind. The colour lasts on the lips for a good few hours, before a top up is needed. I've found that out of all of them that strawberry shortcake clings to some dry patches on my lips more than the others, no idea why. Not read this anywhere else, so don't worry I still recommend this shade, I just need to scrub and condition my lips before application. 

I'm tempted to buy more, what's your thoughts on these?

17 comments:

  1. I wasn't sure that these were worth the hype but you've convinced me. Sweet Tart is gorg! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. completely agree! i have peach parfait too, love that they are well pigmented but also very moisturising - wish they had some sort of smell though!
    love your blog, just followed you :)xo

    http://make-upyourmind123.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. would be lovely if they smelt nice too i agree :) aww wow thanks! x

      Delete
  3. I wasn't sure if these are worth the hype or not...but your post may have just convinced me! All the colours look lovely on you :) I really want to try macaroon and berry smoothie...I'll have to make the most of Boots' 3 for 2 while it lasts! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad I've convinced you, they are definitely worth it, i want berry smoothie too!

      Delete
  4. These are fab, I just posted about Sugar Plum, if you like darker colours you might like it too ! xx

    butterfleyesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have strawberry shortcake and really like the formula,. but I'm not sold on the coolour for me. I really want Peach Parfait, but they were out of stock in most colours when I got mine. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. see im the same, i'm a little bit funny with strawberry shortcake, thought it would be my favourite, but sweet tart is :)

      Delete
  6. these are the same three that i picked up :) i'm so in love with these colours, revlon lip butters are amaze xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I say it worth the hype! I have all those shades and love them! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely worth the hype are they, they are lovely :)

      Delete
  8. Lovely colours and they look really mositurising! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they really are, great for people with dryer lips!

      Delete
  9. I love these lip butters! I've had Strawberry Shortcake on my lips since the day I bought it! Peach parfait looks gorgeous

    Zoe x

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your lovely comments, check back as i try to reply x

and peaches All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger