Everyones Worst Nightmare

Tuesday 13 December 2011

Not exactly the nicest of topics to blog about but one we all have to live with and that's spots! The reason I want to blog about this is because I feel that I need as much advice as I can get about the best possible spot treatments there is and I want to provide this advice to others based on my experiences. Recently my skin has been terrible, I'm blaming it on the stress of being back at uni and being on my teaching practice and I just need that little pot of 'miracle cream' to make every blemish go away! Harder than it sounds!

The picture below shows all the products I have tried recently and to be honest they haven't made a difference to my blemishes at all. Quite disappointing really when they claim to show results in just one day, hmmm. However they may not have got rid of my blemishes but they are still quite good products and I personally like to see reviews and posts about products that weren't so good which may change my mind about buying them in the first place. Just to add just because they didn't work for me doesn't mean that they won't work for somebody else!


Garnier Pure Active Exfo-Brusher Wash
Although this product didn't make a difference to my blemishes it definitely exfoliate's really well. It's one of them products that even though you scrubbed all your make up off it still manages to find some more. The product comes with a brush on the top (picture above) which is really soft and a pretty good idea as you don't have to use separate brushes. It lathers really well with only using a little product. I'm not to keen on the smell however.

Simple Anti-Blemish Moisturiser
My favourite ever product has to be Simple's replenishing rich moisturiser. So when I saw this I couldn't help but be excited to have my favourite moisturiser with anti-blemish elements. After using this for a few weeks I didn't notice much different in my blemishes and the moisturiser wasn't half as good as the replenishing rich moisturiser. I found it too light as I have quite dry skin and need a rich long lasting moisturiser. 

Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Night Treatment Gel
I LOVE the smell of this, I have no idea why, most people would probably hate it as it's quite a strong smell but it just smells really clean. Onto the important stuff, people have said wonderful things about tree tree and witch hazel, so putting them together in a product must be amazing right? Not really, don't get me wrong I do really like this and I do use it, but it didn't make a difference to my skin. However I find that it helps prevent spots when put on every now again over night.

Simple Oil Balancing Facial Scrub
I decided to give Simple another go after my disappointment with the anti-blemish moisturiser as I kept in mind how amazing the replenishing rich moisturiser is. Actually this product isn't to bad, it has little gritty bits in, not as much as I would of liked like the St. Ives invigorating apricot facial scrub does, but it was nice and gentle and left my skin feeling clean. It claims to reduce shine and control skin oils, I felt that it did, however I don't have very oily skin so can't comment on behalf of someone who regularly suffers from oily skin.

S
udocrem
Don't loose all hope there is one product out there which I feel does the best job out of them all to get rid of blemishes and that's Sudocrem. I swear by it, it's always on the floor at the bottom of my bed and I literately use it every night! Baring in mind its not a miracle worker, as I am yet to find one, it does a pretty good job! I blob a bit onto my blemishes each night and in the morning the redness is reduced dramatically! I wouldn't advice wearing this cream in the day as it is very thick. But if your not planning on stepping foot outdoors then go for it and pop on a sudocrem face mask! This pot has lasted me ages and costs under a fiver, amazing!
Has anyone found that 'miracle spot treatment' yet?

4 comments:

  1. I find the Neutrogena 2 in 1 wash and mask helps, but Sudocrem is definitely my go to product! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah always usefull to read! I recently did a post on getting rid of a spot, super quick, if it would be any help! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sudocrem is a LIFE SAVER! I love it, great post xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I used to use that simpe moisturiser, it really is great, but I stopped due to issues with the company and other products! Lovely blog, now following :) x

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your lovely comments, check back as i try to reply x

and peaches All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger